Monday, June 14, 2010

Their Share is in The Aakhirah

It is narrated that Allah Ta’ala revealed to Hadhrat Moosa (alayhis salaam): "O Moosa! There are some of My servants, if they ask of Me the entire Jannat, I will give it to them, and if they ask Me anything from this world, I will not give it to them, not because they are contemptible to Me, but because I desire to store up the treasures of bounties for them in the Aakhirah. I save them from the world like a shepherd protects his flock from a wolf." The world, Rasulullah-sallallahu alayhi wasallam- said, is carrion.

THE KEY

Ibn Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said that everything has a key. The key of Jannat is to love the true and patient Fuqaraa and Masaakeen. o­n the Day of Qiyaamah, they will be the companions of Allah Ta’ala. Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) supplicated: "O Allah! Keep me alive as a Miskeen; let me die a Miskeen and raise me up ( in Qiyaamah) in the assembly of the Masaakeen."

This supplication of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is more than ample confirmation for the lofty rank and importance of the Fuqaraa and Masaakeen. In this dua, Nabi-e-Kareem (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) did not ask for the Masaakeen to be raised up in his assembly. Rather, he supplicated to be raised up in their group. This form of his Dua significantly highlights the rank of the fuqaraa.

No comments: