Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Consequence of sleeping away the Night

Sheikh Abu Bakr Dhareer (rahmatullahi alayh) narrates: "I had a young, handsome slave who used to fast daily and spend the nights in ibaadat. o­ne day he came to me and said: ‘Last night I went to sleep without reciting my auraad (plural of wird - thikr). In a dream I saw a few exceptionally beautiful damsels emerging out of the wall which had split open. o­ne among them was extremely ugly. Never had I seen such an ugly person in my life. I asked them: ‘ To whom do you belong and for whom is the ugly o­ne?’

They said: ‘ We are all your past nights (of ibaadat) and the ugly o­ne is your last night when you had slept away (missing your ibaadat). If you had died this night, she would have fallen to your share permanently.’

After narrating this dream, the youth let out a shriek and his soul departed from his physical body."

http://www.themajlis.net/

2 comments:

Abu bakar said...

Good writings.Really the slave worked hardly to satisfy ALLAH,We also should try heart and soul to make ALLAH satisfy upon us.And for this we can try to make some ibadat in night.
Please Dua for me.

Anonymous said...

People are always keen to follow the Sunnah....well the Prophet SAW was commanded to pray tahajjud, it was obligatory on him. We as Muslims should try to attain the same standard.

JazaakAllah khair for the reminder